10 tips for attending a Gluten Free Expo
I love a Gluten Free expo!!! It's a fantastic day out for anyone living a gluten free lifestyle. You get to sample new foods which are 100% safe, see cooking demonstrations, buy gluten free staples for a discounted price, hear about the latest research developments, and meet fellow Coelihackers.
With the Perth Gluten Free expo in two weeks, Perth Coelihackers it is time to start preparing for your trip to the expo. Here are some tips:
- Arrive early to buy the products you want before stalls start to sell out of certain items.
- Bring lots of cash as many stores do not offer EFTPOS and there are limited ATMs.
- Don't eat or eat minimal food beforehand so you can sample many foods.
- Bring shopping bags or a trolley to carry all your goodies in.
- Bring a freezer bag if you are planning on buying cold items and buy these items on your way out (e.g., cold meats, pies).
- Wear comfortable walking shoes as many people spend several hours at the expo.
- Look at the list of stalls and plan which stalls you would like to visit.
- Enjoy yourself and have lots of fun - talk to other customers and stall holders, learn new things by attending the cooking demonstrations and talks, and relax whilst eating food you know is safe from cross contamination.
- Bring family and friends - not only is it a great way to include and educate family and friends, it's a great way to bond over tasting new foods and have a bit of fun by doing something different.
- Look out for our stall in the Farmer's market section at the Perth Expo.
Image credit: Rhiannon